- “The pressure of a name.” Kit in Pretty Woman
Trying to remember everyone you slept with.
- “I carried a watermelon.” Baby in Dirty Dancing
You sent someone you only know a bit a very gushy email with kisses on the end and they replied with one sentence and no kiss.
- “Get back to your oar, 41.” Quintus Arrius in Ben-Hur
When your mother is helping you pack to move house but she’s taken a break to make a cup of tea.
- “Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?” Maximus in Gladiator
How many times do you have to throw a stick for the damn dog?
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” Vito Corleone in The Godfather
You’ll let your boyfriend watch the England World Cup qualifier if he gets up for the 7am Ocado delivery.
- “We’ve gone on holiday by mistake.” Withnail in Withnail & I
When you’re sitting in a traffic jam on the M3 on a bank holiday weekend and everyone in the car is shouting/needs a pee/has spilt their drink/is rowing about what you’re listening to.
- “Tell me about it, stud.” Sandy in Grease
When everyone puts their glasses on to watch telly.
- “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” Obi-Wan in Star Wars
When you’re in the middle of being issued with a parking ticket (worth a try).
- “I am your father.” Darth Vader in Star Wars
To your father on his birthday. Just to confuse him.
- “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” Brody in Jaws
You’ve overpacked again.
- “I feel the need. The need for speed.” Maverick and Goose in Top Gun
As you help your grandmother (mother) up the stairs.
- “It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.” Buffalo Bill in The Silence of the Lambs
Those agonising jet spray treatments to supposedly get rid of cellulite and boost circulation are actually a bit traumatising.
- “Two hits: I hit you, you hit the floor.” Andy in The Breakfast Club
Your sister doesn’t know when to stop mocking you for your poor haircut.
- “60% of the time it works every time.” Brian in Anchorman
Using the grill without setting something on fire is less infrequent than it should be.
- “I’M Spartacus!” Everyone but Spartacus in Spartacus
When you were embarrassed to admit that you google your old boyfriends from university and then everyone in the room admits they do that too and you all feel a huge solidarity with each other.
- “You had me at hello.” Dorothy in Jerry Maguire
When someone suggests Deliveroo and a Big Little Lies debrief.
- “Suck my fat one, you cheap dime store hood.” Gordy in Stand By Me
Your deadline just got brought forward a day which makes it tomorrow and you had no warning.
- “That’s all.” Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada
Sending any and all children to bed.
- “Les jeux sont fait.Translation: the game is up. Your ass is mine!)” Ed Rooney in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Beating your niece at snap.
- “Toto. I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz
Every time you go to Westfield.